The start of a new month always delivers great things and here at LDF we have some fantastic news. We are pleased to announce that we have partnered with the Wales Air Ambulance, a great charity providing emergency treatment, by air, for people with life threatening injuries or illnesses all across Wales.
Launched on St David’s Day in 2001, the charity has carried out over 20,000 missions to date and most importantly, saved many lives. To keep the charity in the air, the Wales Air Ambulance needs to raise a staggering £6 million each year with the figure primarily funded by charitable donations. The need for donations is fundamental in ensuring the service survives.
Our partnership with the Wales Air Ambulance has also led to the creation of the LDF Charity Foundation. For every deal conducted through either internally funded deals, or via our broker facilities, a percentage will be allocated to our foundation, the proceeds of which will be donated to the Wales Air Ambulance. We understand this contribution will help benefit the charity significantly and we’re proud to support a charity that does so much for the region.
LDF Marketing Manager, Natalie Powell said "Previously LDF have announced a number of local charities who will benefit from our time through our volunteering programme. It is with great pride that we are now able to announce our partnership with Wales Air Ambulance who will benefit financially through sponsorship.
Being a Responsible Business is something LDF are proud to highlight and working with the Wales Air Ambulance is a great opportunity for all those involved. We look forward to developing our relationship over the coming 12 months."
Did you know:*
- A pilot can have the helicopter airborne within 3 minutes of receiving an emergency call
- The aircraft can travel at 150mph – over 2 miles per minute – and can reach anywhere in Wales within 20 minutes
- A helicopter has the capacity to carry 1 pilot, 2 paramedics and 1 patient
- Each mission costs approximately £1500
- Approximately 30% of missions are to road traffic collisions
- Wales has grown to become one of the busiest air ambulance operations in the UK
- The helicopter can land next to a patient, saving valuable time in areas a land ambulance cannot reach. It is the only aircraft that can land on a road or even a back garden
For more information on the Wales Air Ambulance and the fantastic work they undertake, please visit their website www.walesairambulance.com or follow on Twitter @air_ambulance or Facebook www.facebook.com/walesairambulance.