Within LDF customer satisfaction and quality service is paramount. However, we recognise that sometimes things can go wrong and when they do we will ensure that our best attention is paid to any complaints.
This leaflet sets out the complaints procedure we have set up to make sure that you receive a quick and fair reply from us. Please follow our complaints procedure to help us resolve your complaint as quickly as possible.
- If you do have cause for complaint, we want to help to resolve it
- If you tell us about it, we will do our best to put it right
We see the complaints procedure as a two way process in which we can also learn from the experience and further improve our service and systems.
We promise to:
- Fully investigate your complaint
- Keep you informed of progress
- Do everything we can to help you
- How to contact us
Here is how you can contact us should you have a complaint:
By phone: 01244 527300
Complaints Handling Officer
LDF Operations Limited
St Davids Park
By email: email@example.com
- When you write to us
Please tell us:
- Your name and address, or the name and address of the complainant if you are complaining on someone else's behalf and your relationship to them;
- Your LDF agreement number;
- Your daytime phone number (where we can contact you if we need to) and any times you would prefer us to contact you;
- A clear description of your concerns or complaint; and
- Details of what you would like us to do to put things right
- Complaints Handling Procedure
The following is a summary of how LDF Operations Limited deals with complaints:
- We aim to resolve complaints quickly and fairly. Where possible, we aim to resolve complaints within three business days using our Early Resolution Procedure
- If it is not possible to resolve your complaint through the Early Resolution Procedure, we shall send to you as soon as possible, and in any event, within 5 business days of receiving the complaint, an acknowledgement in writing
- Your complaint will be referred to the head of the relevant department, who will investigate the complaint promptly, thoroughly and impartially
- If your complaint refers to the actions of a third party, we will ask that party to investigate and report back to us, to enable us to fully respond to your complaint. In the event that we do seek input from a third party, we shall notify you of this and keep you updated. In some circumstances where the third party is solely responsible for the complaint, we will refer the complaint to the third party who will respond directly to you. We will notify you in writing that the complaint has been referred. In these circumstances LDF will have no further obligation to deal with your complaint in accordance with its complaints procedure
- You will receive a response as soon as possible and in any event, within 8 weeks of LDF receiving your complaint
- In the unlikely event your complaint remains unresolved within eight weeks; we will advise you in writing why we are unable to offer a final response and when we expect to be able to do so. We will also provide you with details of the Financial Ombudsman Service together with an explanatory leaflet. This will enable you, if you wish; to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service should you be dissatisfied with the delay or the handling of your complaint
- We have intentionally made our complaints handling procedure simple to follow, so that you should not have to use a solicitor or seek professional help. If you choose to do this, we will not meet your costs.
- Independent Review of your Complaint
Should you be dissatisfied with our final response, you may, if you wish, refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service. Any referral must be made within six months of the date of our final response. The Financial Ombudsman Service provides a free, independent and impartial service for customers to resolve disputes with financial firms.
The Financial Ombudsman Services say that they will only deal with your complaint if you have given us the opportunity to put matters right, so please contact us first and we will do all we can to help you.
The contact details for the Financial Ombudsman Service are set out below:
Financial Ombudsman Service
Harbour Exchange Square
Telephone: 0300 123 9123 or 0800 023 4567
LDF are members of the Finance and Leasing Association (FLA). If you would like to make a complaint directly to them, you may phone them on 020 7836 6511 or get the relevant information from www.lendingcode.org.uk
As a first step, the FLA will refer your complaint back to us to review and respond. If you are still not satisfied, the FLA will try to conciliate up to the time the matter is resolved or is decided by the Financial Ombudsman Service or a court.
You will not be entitled to use the FLA conciliation scheme if your complaint has been decided by the Financial Ombudsman Service or a court.
LDF are also members of the British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association (BVRLA). If your complaint is relating to a vehicle, and no satisfactory resolution can be reached with LDF, you can use the BVRLA Conciliation Service.
Details should be submitted to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by Post to:
British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association